In order to be able to properly react to current changes in the payment transaction environment and to implement appropriate adjustments in payment transaction models as soon as possible, a bank-related service provider for payment transactions has put his business model on trial. This essential project has the purpose to set the course for long-term adjustments in the model.
- Analysis of current trends and developments in the German market, especially regarding the evolutions on demand side (customer requirements and behaviour) as well as supply side (trends in commerce)
- Customer individual derivations and assessment of impacts on the business model
- Review of regularory initiatives in the payment transaction environment and their potential implications on the credit institutions
- Presentation of suitable business models of new providers in the payment transactions industry
- Identification of potential starting-points and courses of action for a new business model
- Implementation plan
Development of suitable approaches for transforming the payment transaction business towards a data driven business model. Based on this, we designed a platform solution which can support the client on the long-run, and can increase and enhance the value of existing customer relationships. Subsequently, we conducted individual workshops which enabled the client to individually implement the changes.